Crispy Parmesan Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are super easy, packed with flavor and have tasty golden crunch. This is going to be one of the best ways to get your kids to say “More Please!” when it comes to their veggies. These are just that good!
Brussel Sprouts are so fun to eat, especially when you have an incredible recipe to use them in. Try them in these Awesome Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts, Apple Bacon Brussel Sprout Salad and Roasted Maple Brussel Sprouts.
Brussel Sprouts Air Fryer
These are not your grandma’s brussel sprouts! Trust me! Cooking them in the air fryer creates a tender inside and the coating gives it a bursting with flavor crunchy golden crust. These are so good! It will change the way you see brussel sprouts forever.
It’s so easy and quick. Using an Air Fryer cuts the cooking time in half and makes it so much healthier because you can use less oil. Now you can get all the nutrition without choking them down. These are a perfect side dish for any meal, from spaghetti to fish to steak. Make these part of your side dish rotation.
What is an Air Fryer?
Air Fryers are a countertop appliance similar to a convection oven in that it circulates hot air to cook food. This process produces a crispy product without the added oil or extra calories of deep fat frying. It cooks at a high speed so it cooks faster than a convection or regular oven as well. It’s compact and won’t heat your whole kitchen either. It won’t sacrifice flavor even though it slashes fat and calories. It’s a total win.
Parmesan Brussels Sprout Recipe
- Brussel Sprouts: Cut the brussel sprouts in half
- Olive Oil: This is just to help the coating adhere to the sprouts
- Salt and Pepper: Just to taste
- Parmesan Cheese: Use grated parmesan for best results
- Panko Bread Crumbs: Panko is light and crisps nicely
- Italian Seasoning: The perfect flavor to go with the cheese
Making Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
- Combine: In a bowl combine the sprouts, oil and salt and pepper, toss gently to coat
- Mix: In a separate bowl mix together the parmesan cheese, panko, and italian seasoning. Sprinkle half of the mixture on the brussel sprouts and toss.
- Cook: Place the sprouts in the an even layer in the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 390 for 5 minutes. Open the fryer and toss the brussel sprouts with the rest of the topping. cook for an additional 5 min. till golden brown and tender.
Benefits of Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are part of the vegetable family that includes broccoli and cabbage, a cruciferous veggie. I personally love that they look like mini cabbage heads, they’re kinda cute. They are a super power house food with their high contents of vitamin C, and K and other minerals. They are best known for the high antioxidant compounds. Antioxidants reduce the oxidative stress in your cells and helps lower your risk of chronic disease. So grab a bag of brussel sprouts and eat up to your health!The flavors brought on from roasting can be described as savory, slightly nutty, and even a tad sweet – especially the smaller sized sprouts.
Tips and Variations for the Best Air Fried Vegetables
- Seasoning: You can change up the seasoning for whatever your craving. Try cajun, mexican, spicy, or indian inspired spices to change up the flavor. It’s so versatile and easy to do.
- Don’t Crowd: The best tip for any food coming out perfectly from your air fryer is to make sure they have space around them, don’t over crowd, if you need to work in batches.
- Double: This is super easy to double for a crowd, again just work in batches.
- Toss: After cooking you can toss with more cheese if you desire
- Bread Crumbs: Panko or breadcrumbs work well in this recipe. You can ramp up the flavor with seasoned bread crumbs too.
- Storing: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 1-2 min, just till heated through, to restore their crispiness. It won’t be exactly the same but it should help.
More Ways to Eat Your Veggies
Veggies are just good for you and these recipes make them easy to eat!
- Parmesan Roasted Vegetables
- Roasted Autumn Vegetable Stuffing
- Zesty Tortellini Bacon Vegetable Salad
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
- Healthy and Easy Detox Soup
Crispy Parmesan Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 pound Brussel sprouts cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
In a medium sized bowl add the Brussels sprouts, olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl add the parmesan cheese, panko, and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle half of the mixture on the brussel sprouts and toss.
Add the brussel sprouts in an even layer in the basket of your air fryer. Cook the brussels sprouts at 390 degrees for 5 minutes. Open the air fryer and toss the brussels sprouts with the rest of the topping. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown and tender.